• Was developed through a transparent, multi-stakeholder consensus process led by the EPA, state governments,
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), NGOs, refurbishers and recyclers.
• Supported by the EPA and was recognized in the National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship.
• Holds the highest standards for data protection, adhering to HIPAA regulations.
• Requires proper data destruction to wipe out confidential information stored on electronics.
• Prohibited export to developing countries (Non-OECD)
• Chain of custody tracking to final disposition